Quantcast

about hicc installation

zhihao wang
HI Eric
I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:

(1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
(2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start

but it didn't work,here is the error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResource.java:55)

Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from the some files like core-site.xml,
could you tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.

Regards
Zhang liuhang

Re: about hicc installation

Eric Yang-3
For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to
deploy it to Tomcat.  Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory
and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR is in class path by
adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}

regards,
Eric

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Eric
> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:
>
> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>
> but it didn't work,here is the error:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResource.java:55)
>
> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from the some files like core-site.xml,
> could you tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Zhang liuhang

RE: about hicc installation

zhangliuhang
Hi, Eric,
        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing,
The hicc show me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help me ?

Liuhang Zhang

For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to deploy it to Tomcat.  Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}

regards,
Eric

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Eric
> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:
>
> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>
> but it didn't work,here is the error:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResour
> ce.java:55)
>
> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Zhang liuhang

Re: about hicc installation

Eric Yang-3
Hi Liuhang,

You will need to have MySQL Connector/J jar file put into
CHUKWA_HOME/lib directory, and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://

both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to
have cluster name maps to mysql url.  For example,

demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root

Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:

http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database

regards,
Eric
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Eric,
>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing,
> The hicc show me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help me ?
>
> Liuhang Zhang

RE: about hicc installation

zhangliuhang
Hi Eric,
        Thanks for your help~
    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not work..., I found that there are some other script files in chukwa 0.3.0/bin/, such as
dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download data from hdfs to
Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....

regards,
Liuhang

You will need to have MySQL Connector/J jar file put into CHUKWA_HOME/lib directory, and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://

both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to have cluster name maps to mysql url.  For example,

demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root

Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:

http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database

regards,
Eric
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Eric,
>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I
> encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing, The hicc show me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help me ?
>
> Liuhang Zhang

Re: about hicc installation

Eric Yang-3
When releasing Chukwa 0.4, we decided that we don't want to continue
to support loading data from HDFS to MySQL because that approach does
not scale well.  It is possible to restore the functionality by
copying dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 to Chukwa 0.4 to restore mysql
functionality.  However we do not encourage it.

Try to run dbAdmin.sh as a background process.  Then run:

bin/chukwa dp

PostProcessMananger is the process to load data to MySQL.
Hope this works for you.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, zhangliuhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>        Thanks for your help~
>    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not work..., I found that there are some other script files in chukwa 0.3.0/bin/, such as
> dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download data from hdfs to
> Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....
>
> regards,
> Liuhang

RE: about hicc installation

zhangliuhang
Hi, Eric and everyone works on chukwa,
        Thank you very much! I have install chukwa 0.4.0 successfully! And I hope the 0.5.0 version could be released as soon as possible~
Thanks for your work on chukwa~ I wish you the best of luck in everything you do.

Regards,
Liuhang

When releasing Chukwa 0.4, we decided that we don't want to continue to support loading data from HDFS to MySQL because that approach does not scale well.  It is possible to restore the functionality by copying dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 to Chukwa 0.4 to restore mysql functionality.  However we do not encourage it.

Try to run dbAdmin.sh as a background process.  Then run:

bin/chukwa dp

PostProcessMananger is the process to load data to MySQL.
Hope this works for you.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, zhangliuhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>        Thanks for your help~
>    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not
> work..., I found that there are some other script files in chukwa
> 0.3.0/bin/, such as dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download data from hdfs to Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....
>
> regards,
> Liuhang

Re: about hicc installation

Eric Yang-3
You are welcome.  Best of luck.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM, zhangliuhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Eric and everyone works on chukwa,
>        Thank you very much! I have install chukwa 0.4.0 successfully! And I hope the 0.5.0 version could be released as soon as possible~
> Thanks for your work on chukwa~ I wish you the best of luck in everything you do.
>
> Regards,
> Liuhang

>>> h
>>> e.org] On Behalf Of Eric Yang
>>> Sent: 2011年12月12日 13:10
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: about hicc installation
>>>
>>> For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to deploy it to Tomcat.  Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:
>>>
>>> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Eric

Re: about hicc installation

ChukwaLearner
Hi Wang,

From where did u get the hicc.sh file? I dont see it in my CHukwa package.

Re: about hicc installation

Eric Yang-3
I think hicc.sh is in Chukwa 0.3 and older only.  I think you can start hicc with "chukwa hicc" in 0.4.

regards,
Eric

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM, ChukwaLearner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Wang,

From where did u get the hicc.sh file? I dont see it in my CHukwa package.

Re: about hicc installation

ChukwaLearner
Ya,

I could figure that out today. Can you let me know how and when the .done while in chukwa gets generated?
Today WHen I ran the collector and the agent services, I was able to see the .chukwa files at localhost:50070 and later on I was also able to see the .done files. When I restarted the machine, all off the .chuwa and .done files had gone. When I started the services again, I was able to have .chukwa files but there were no .Done files. I had not changed any of the configurations. Can you help me out with that??

Also, once I have the .done files what next has to be done?? I mean I want to parse the log files but seems like there is not enuf documention on Chukwa.

My ultimate goal is to do some kind of analysis on logs using chukwa and show that analysis output on a UI. I would appreciate ur immediate response as tomorrow is the last day left with me for completing my project.

Thanks so much.